> Articles > Captain Miro Stanev
In this interview, Captain Miro Stanev shares his guidelines on how to spend an unforgettable sea trip and also recommends his favorite routes that will make us rediscover the Black Sea.
1. Captain Stanev tell us about yourself, your professional experience and the yacht you manage.
• My name is Miro and I have been sailing since I was a child. I went through different non-Olympic and Olympic classes. For the last ten years I have been involved in racing in national and international cruising regattas. In 1988 I started doing yacht charters on the North Black Sea coast and since then I sail with guests in the Black, Aegean and Mediterranean seas.
My current yacht is model "Beneteau 45 First" from 2010. Fast and convenient, both for tourist sailing and for competitions and training. Ideal for daily and weekly charters.
2. Given the complex situation in the world at the moment, what are your expectations from the upcoming summer season, what services will you offer and how will you work in general?
• In view of the new situation, in the 2020 season, the yacht "Beneteau 45" will sail in the Black Sea. I am optimistic about the season when it comes to maritime services, because fortunately sailing chartering has become a sought-after experience in recent years. Since sailing in foreign waters is quite vague, as well as international travel in general, I think that lovers of sea excursions would prefer to satisfy their passion on local soil. Those of us who have such a long experience in sailing in the Black Sea, we can offer them a wide selection of excursions - day, weekend and weekly charters, team building, various types of parties.
3. What are the advantages of the Bulgarian Black Sea coast as a yacht destination?
• Sailing in the Black Sea is a completely different experience. Apart from the fact that we are all directly connected to it, it is a great challenge. We have no islands, and we are much more subject to conditions and weather. However, we have superb bays and nooks where we can experience unforgettable moments. Our sea provides us with the most delicious fish guaranteed, and wherever we go, everyone understands us. Those who have so far sailed mainly in Greece can rediscover the Black Sea, which has been largely neglected recently.
4. What are your TOP 3 picturesque routes in the region of Balchik and on the Bulgarian Black Sea coast?
• Sailing on the North Black Sea coast is extremely picturesque. In my opinion, the most remarkable destination is Zelenka Bay under Cape Kaliakra - a quiet bay, accessible only by sea. Great place for a picnic - on board or on the beach, clear and clean water for swimming. A favorite place for our guests is the bay Dalboka with its mussel restaurants. And for lovers of spring and autumn fishing, the North Black Sea coast is ideal.
5. When is the best time to rent a yacht in summer?
• As the Black Sea is quite unpredictable, I would recommend short charters - half day, full day or weekend. The usual weekly voyages, as in Greece, for example, are more difficult to conduct due to changes in weather and their corresponding impact on the marine environment. Also, sailing on the North Black Sea coast offers a huge advantage - the prevailing winds are from the north and northeast and Cape Kaliakra protects from the formation of waves. Usually the sea is flat with fresh wind and offers wonderful conditions for sailing and relaxation.
6. What are the most suitable occasions for renting a yacht charter?
• Hundreds of our guests over the years have chosen to sail with us on various occasions - romance, family outings, weddings, bachelor and bachelorette parties, fishing, team building, participating in regattas, or just the passion to be at sea and feel the elements.